Hello there! Urged on with gentle encouragement from Kate I decided to get my act together and show what I’ve been up to, which happens to be quite a lot of late, all will be blogged soon.
The top is made from a £2 remnant that I bought from the rag market in Birmingham, I played around with the stripes for effect and am pleased with the placing. The top looks exactly how it should and was all done on the serger as quick as you like, I made no changes, knit is very forgiving with fit.
However, I didn’t wear it again after I saw these photos, the combination of stripes and cling do me no favours. One really needs a well defined waist for this style. The fabric is quite thin and is inclined to cling in a most unflattering way.
They’re roomy round the hip and are tapered at the ankle, virtually no fitting needed, I made no alterations to this pattern either. The fabric is a black French crepe from Abakhan in Mostyn, and was a devil to photograph.
It’s taken me an age to format this post, I’ve forgotten what little I knew about WordPress, *sigh*.